Kyle White is a personal injury and litigation attorney who was born and raised in Anderson, South Carolina. He is also a proud graduate of Clemson University. For almost a decade prior to joining the firm, Kyle represented insurance companies, Fortune 500 companies, and other corporate defendants in product liability and other complex litigation matters. Although Kyle represents members of the community in a variety of litigated matters, he most often represents members of the community in cases involving:
- Personal injury
- Wrongful death
- Automobile and trucking crashes
- Defective products
- Insurance bad faith
- Negligent Security
- Jail and prison injury and death
- Police misconduct
Kyle also represents members of the community who have been injured by a defective product. Kyle has tried civil cases to verdict in state and federal court, and has handled litigation matters in a variety of United States and foreign jurisdictions. Settlements and verdicts in cases in which Kyle has been involved total tens of millions of dollars. Some recent notable verdicts include:
- $4 million jury verdict against South Carolina Department of Corrections for wrongfully incarcerating our client 67 days past his release date. The jury also found 15 “occurrences” under the South Carolina Tort Claims Act.
- $1.25 million jury verdict in a negligent security case against apartment complex owner/manager in which the decedent’s roommate accidentally shot and killed him inside their apartment.
- $150 thousand jury verdict in a wreck case in Spartanburg County Court of Common Pleas, with $75 thousand in actual damages and $75 thousand in punitive damages, in which the defendant was speeding and collided with our client, causing approximately $30 thousand in medical bills.
- $141 thousand jury verdict in a wreck case in Charleston County Court of Common Pleas, in which the Defendant collided with our client’s vehicle, causing no physical injuries or medical bills, but causing our client to lose valuable time with her sick child due to the Defendant’s insurance company’s claims handling.
- Jury verdict of over twice the Defendant’s last offer in Spartanburg County, in which our client was stranded on the side of the road due to the Defendant’s failure to properly reattach a skid plate to our client’s vehicle during an oil change. The case settled for a confidential amount following the jury verdict in our client’s favor for multiples of the Defendant’s highest settlement offer.
In recent years, Kyle has developed a reputation as a skilled trial lawyer and is frequently brought into a case before trial to assist with or take the lead on trying the case.
Kyle has also tried enough cases to have lost a few, and Kyle’s commitment to fighting for his clients extends to appealing unfavorable verdicts and rulings. Kyle has handled appeals in the South Carolina Court of Appeals and Supreme Court, the US Court of Appeals Fourth Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court.
Growing up in Anderson, Kyle was a state finalist wrestler at TL Hanna Highschool, and wrestled for a period of time at Clemson University. Wrestling taught Kyle the values of hard work, sacrifice, and personal accountability. The same aggressive attitude that allowed him to be a successful wrestler now comes in handy when pursuing defendants who have wronged his clients.
In his spare time, Kyle enjoys spending time with his wife and children, coaching youth sports, pulling for the Clemson Tigers, and enjoying the outdoors. Kyle is also a member of Central Presbyterian Church in Anderson, SC.
Kyle is licensed to practice law in all state and federal courts in South Carolina, Alabama, and Mississippi, as well as the United States Court of Appeals, Fourth and Fifth Circuits, and the United States Supreme Court, but he has handled legal matters in numerous other states, including North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Oklahoma, Texas, Michigan, and numerous other states.
Kyle’s peers have assigned him an AV Preeminent® rating through the Martindale Hubbel rating process. This is the highest peer rating standard. This rating signifies that a large number of the lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence for their legal knowledge, communication skills and ethical standards. Kyle was has also been repeatedly voted by his peers as a member of Greenville’s Legal Elite, and has been recognized for several years in South Carolina Super Lawyers in the area of Civil Rights Litigation. Kyle has been honored to speak at CLE’s in North and South Carolina on topics related to governmental litigation and negligent security, and Kyle has appeared as a guest on podcasts, including the Sidebar Podcast.
Kyle can be reached by telephone at (864) 231-8090 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.