Our law firm is seeking a Family Law Paralegal to join our family law team! The ideal candidate for this position will have at least 1-3 years of experience in handling South Carolina family law matters.
- Completion of filing and service of pleadings for new family court cases.
- Drafting motions and contempt actions. The ideal candidate will have stellar attention to detail, good writing, and grammatical skills.
- Knowledge and ability to assist with preparation for hearings and trials.
- Superb and consistent communication with clients, court staff, and attorneys.
- Superior knowledge and skills in gathering information, reviewing and preparing exhibits, family law financial declarations, and affidavit preparation.
- Strong familiarity and independent thinking in preparing interrogatories, requests to produce, requests for admissions, and subpoenas.
- Strong memory recall – the ability to recall pending family court cases with reasonable detail.
- Knowledge related to gathering and organizing evidence.
- Arrange interviews with witnesses and draft affidavits.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of family court process.
- Ability to keep track of deadlines.
- Assist with preparing settlement documents.
- Organize and maintain case files.
- Compassion in dealing with clients and witnesses.
To apply, please send your resume and supporting documents to Joy@wdwlawfirm.com.